Tuesday 3 February 2015

Sponsorship!

In December I was amazed to find I had been awarded the Sheffield University Elite Sports Performance Scheme Level 2 Award, and The Catalyst Higher Education Accommodation Award.



I had applied for the Scholarships at Sheffield University when I started in September and was really pleased to be awarded the first level (free use of the gym etc). I was invited to meet the Catalyst Committee and turned up in jeans and tea shirt to find 9 suited and booted committee members, I did feel just a little underdressed!  It was here I was told I had been awarded the top sports scholarship!  An enormous thank you to the Catalyst committee, and Sport Sheffield for selecting me.  I am looking forward to the official Awards Night later this week.


Photo with Barry Millsom (courtesy of Lisa Weatherall)
Photo with Mark Wayment (courtesy of Lisa Weatherall)



2014 saw me take part in 3 Senior World Cup Events across Europe; and the Senior World Championships in Gijon, I have blogged about these previously they really were a tremendous experience, the atmosphere at these events is incredible, to be on the same wall at the same time as Adam Ondra is mind blowing.  Watching the skill in the finals is inspirational.  To take part in some of the Senior World Events is just unbelievable.  Fingers crossed I can do well in the Senior events in 2015.


Over the Autumn I have taken part in a few local boulder competitions – much to the surprise of boulderers who know me as a lead climber; yep I have discovered it is possible to climb without a harness or rope. Finding myself in the final of The Plywood Masters in December I had to ask the other competitors to explain how the format of the finals worked.



The first BMC Youth Open Cup in November saw a win for me in the Junior age group, proving I can still compete with rope and harness.

No comments:

Post a Comment